Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pursuing Art

It has been almost two months since I've taken the time to write in my blog. Why is it that I let what's important to me go so often? This isn't the first time I've asked myself this question. Sometimes I let my life run me instead of the other way around. Awareness is the first step to moving forward.


In my own defense I haven't let all my creativity and thoughtfulness go out the window. I am participating in an art show. The truth is I didn't understand what a big deal it would be to me, and how this would make me feel. We had an art reception at our first gallery site at The Avon Library on March 8th. Suddenly, I was interacting with the other artists, and I realized I am one of them. People were talking about my work. It really made me think and realize that if you don't consider yourself an artist, a writer, or whatever, how is anyone else going to put you in that category?


So now for my many readers...I'm going to have to start advertising my blog on Facebook. I've got tons of friends who should be reading my blog. If you want to see my art and wonderful art from other women celebrating Women's History Month then go to http://www.whpart.com/ to see my creations as an artist. There I said it. I feel better already. Also, if you happen to be around the Boulder area, come to our art reception at The Boulder Valley Women's Health Center on Thursday, May 7th, 5:30pm. (2855 Valmont Road, Boulder; P: 303-442-5160) I hope to see you there! And send me a note if it ever takes me so long to write in my blog again.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Great title--it's so true that you have to PURSUE art. It's not like the dishes or the rent check.