Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Blog Intervention

So at this point I'm at a post a month. I obviously need a blog intervention. Or maybe just an intervention from watching that show. Yes, I've become addicted to watching Intervention on A&E. I don't know what it is exactly, but it has something to do with the fact that I can watch someone potentially take the opportunity to save their own life. Though the sad truth is that many of them do okay for awhile, and only a few of them make it.

That being said finding a way to make changes in your life even of the non-addicted variety takes a lot of courage, a lot of patience and a ton of perseverance. I have taken many steps in the past year to make some changes, and some have actually materialized. Other changes I am making continue to be more difficult to truly implement.

But I keep trying and staying the course, because I believe in myself, and I know that work and consistency eventually pays off. I just have to remember that I need to put as much stock in the changes I want in my life as my work. I often put myself last on the list, and I'm truly trying to embrace a new mindset. I come first, so I can then offer more to the world. And this month I'm going to work on one post per week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Good luck! I know, I could easily make some minor changes that would really improve my life. For instance, going to bed early like I did last night... Although then, I'm so in the habit of staying up late that I couldn't fall asleep...And reading and writing rather than watching TV-- damn that television and the DVR. If you plan ahead, you can watch shows you like every single night. That's just not right. There are supposed to be times where there is nothing good on. Oh well, you and I will forever be trying to improve and transform our lives...progress seems to come through small steps.

mommy said...

Being someone who's now forced to change her life, I can honestly say it's possible, as long as you don't take on too much at once. I don't even bother taking things one day at a time, but one hour at a time. And I'm slowly getting through each day. Of course, patience with yourself is key.

I logged in today to write, but what's been on my mind is a bit heavier than I realized I wanted to tackle, so I let myself get distracted (kids are good for that). So I do know how you feel, wanting to write but not getting to it. Set a realistic goal for how often you want to post and stick to it, even if you can only write a few sentences. Photos are good for quick posts! But you can do it. The thoughts are there, you just have to tell yourself to write them down.