Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Month of Focus

So it's a month away from when I will be leaving for Australia, on my six-week adventure. In this month I have a lot to accomplish. No one seems to feel sorry for me. Regardless, I'm also starting a new phase in that I don't want to buy anything new this month. I want to focus on getting ready for the trip. Wrapping up work as much as possible, throwing Kendra's baby shower, and continuing to work on my new venture.

The exceptions to what I can buy? Food and the necessary items such as shampoo and other tolietries. No clothes, no shoes, and no books. Though I can trade books in at the secondhand bookshop in Glenwood Springs. Trading is acceptable. So far so good in the first two days of the month. I'll keep you posted.

Part of this is about saving for my trip, and the other part is about getting really clear about where my money goes. I don't always pay enough attention, and it shows. So I'm going to turn that around. And as my roommate said today, everyone deserves a second chance. So instead of berating all the choices I've made that haven't been great I'm going to move forward starting today and this month.

Wish me luck. Bonne Chance!