Monday, September 7, 2009

Six days later

So it's been six days since my last post and declaration. I did buy a book. It was 40% off at The Bookworm. Since I often set meetings there it's a temptation, however, I got two more books for free, by turning in books that I've already read at Book Grove in Glenwood. So three books for $9. Not too bad, really.

Also, I have to confess that I bought a pink cardigan (I needed it for the GSE trip) and a pair of khaki pants that can be worn three ways, cuffed, capris, and straight leg. These purchases were made for my trip. This may be more difficult than it looks. So bear with me as I figure this out. I did resist buying shoes that weren't practical. So maybe I am making some progress!

The biggest progress made on my level of consumption is that I am becoming aware of what I'm purchasing. Today I focused on getting more organized at home, which feels much better. I can start the week with a clean space.

Another important note: I walked on Friday, Sunday and Monday for a total of approximately eight miles. So I'm working on making walking a daily priority. Saturday I relaxed, slept in, and read a book in bed. Heaven, really. I didn't even feel guilty! It was needed after a very busy August.

I'll keep you posted on the rest of the week. Make it a good one, don't you just love the three-day weekends?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

It is really, really, REALLY hard to not buy anything. Especially when you are preparing for a trip. But you are right, one key is just being aware and thinking twice about every purchase.