Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where to begin?


I just got back from an experience of a lifetime. I went on a Group Study Exchange to Australia thanks to Rotary International. This trip was inspiring, exhausting, and definitely worth it. There were moments when I didn't feel that way, but then I just pushed through it and embraced what was offered so freely.

I have never had so many strangers now friends open their homes, their hearts, and more to me. It made me appreciate the kindness of Rotarians, but also made me reexamine things and change my perspective. I feel a shift has occurred or is occurring. I feel more alive, more passionate, and less prone to overreaction.

I guess with this trip adults and kids reminded me of the precious humanity that exists that sometimes we forget on a day-to-day basis. It made me stop and listen to what's important to me and to strive for those things.

There were so many moments to savor, which I will share soon.

No comments: