Monday, October 3, 2011

Falling Leaves and Pumpkins

I don't know about you, but I love October. It's all about leaves quaking in the wind, and then eventually falling to the ground. It's also about pumpkin carving or painting, which is an activity that I try to do each year. This year my nephews are close, so I'll get them involved, too. But in the past I've done it without any kids. Back in New York we used to celebrate with a party called fall festival. It might be time to bring it back in the Roaring Fork Valley. To me fall is also about renewal. I guess it's the 'back to school mentality'. Honestly, I think it's better than those pesky New Year's resolutions. Also, football is back, and I have to admit that it's fun to have football on the weekend agenda. This year I can watch my nephew play. He got his first touchdown this year yesterday as well as a new nickname from the announcer, "Sledgehammer". Enjoy the autumn, and Rocky Mountain let us have a long fall....

No comments: