Tuesday, November 8, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

November is not just a time to be thankful and eat until you burst. It's also National Novel Writing Month.The whole idea is to write 50,000 words in the month of November. So my friend Ruth and I are working on writing our own respective novels. I admit that my goal doesn't go as high as 50,000 words, because I do have to work as well, but the act of making writing a regular part of my schedule is what I want to accomplish. According to my Google search making something a habit takes 21 to 30 days. So if I can make writing an automatic activity then I might be able to form a habit, which will then prospectively lead to me actually writing 50,000 words over time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm off and running...hit 8,000 words today! I'm glad we can inspire and motivate each other!