Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Have yourself a Merry Christmas!

This year I haven't let the holidays overrun my life. I've been shopping since the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which is early for me. I shopped on Small Business Saturday, but I avoided Black Friday. Seriously, that scene isn't worth it. I've also been wrapping presents already, which is a first for me. Usually, I'm in a frenzy trying to wrap everything up the night before. I've also sent out some Christmas cards. I just have a few left to send that will arrive after the holiday. Even so, I feel like I've kept the stress level low.

And good thing, too, because when it rains it pours. It isn't snowing here after all. Anyway, my back windshield wiper hasn't been working, so the car was taken in. That needs a new motor, and my car needed new brakes. More expenses I wasn't expecting. Also, today, I had a slight fender bender in Aspen, so the expenses continue to mount. Thank goodness I've been spacing out my holiday stuff or this stress may have thrown me over the edge.

But this year it didn't, but I realize that things happen whether you like it or not. And yes, expenses happen in threes like everything else. The key is to take it one day at a time. The best part is that as I gathered addresses I heard from lots of people via text, email, and phone. It means so much. Last Saturday was the Gair Family Christmas of 40 people.
This weekend is a much smaller celebration with family. And lots of celebrating with friends, too. Overall, a really good month, despite the mishaps. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season and a joyous new year. Welcome 2012.

No comments: