Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." --Eleanor Roosevelt

This quote is written on my journal, which I turn to in despair and happiness. I realize that keeping a journal might not be in vogue in today's tell-all world, but sometimes I want to share, and other times I just want to clear my head and write using a pen. It is a powerful way to get out what's bothering you or to capture wonderful moments you don't want to forget.

The thing is that those moments bad and good fade, and a journal or a blog give you a place to remember. You notice your frame of mind and you realize that things do change and what was awful or wonderful changes. This gives you a blueprint to understand that this too shall pass.

When everything is going swimmingly you don't always want it to pass, but it does. When things are falling apart you want it to pass, and it does. How you respond is what truly matters. This quote by Viktor Frankl sums it up: "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

So right now things aren't great, but I remember that it will pass. I will keep going realizing that just around the corner is another moment of wonder. I will continue to write in my journal, and I will start writing here in my blog, as a practice and a way to share my thoughts aloud, so to speak. I do believe in the beauty of my dreams. There I said it out loud in the public. Do you?


No comments: