Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What are your summer travel plans?

Well I just got back from San Diego. I've been there more than a few times, as I have family there. I decided to visit over Memorial Weekend, as my friend Mary Beth moved there less than a month ago. It's definitely a cool place to live. You can choose from various beaches. Just remember to wear sunscreen other than the spray kind, as that doesn't always offer coverage. Since my skin hasn't seen the light due to a long winter and spring in Colorado I ended up with a sunburn.


Good thing we had other things planned besides the beach. We went on a winery tour in Temeculah. Nothing like wine to cure a sunburn! We also hiked the Torrey Pines Reserve, which offered excellent views of the sea. Of course, we enjoyed some great food and fun. Thursday we had dinner with Christina at a cool Italian place downtown. I also had breakfast with my cousins, Rob and Jen, at Margarita's, which is a restaurant near Ocean Beach. Overall, it was a wonderful trip.

There's something about getting away that makes you appreciate life. Even as you try to get back in the groove you can think back on your fun experience. The first day back to work is an adjustment, but then you settle back in to your regular life. It's a toss-up on whether a long trip or a long weekend is better. Both versions offer a respite from the ordinary. My next trip will be for my birthday. To where? Still deciding!
Where are you heading this summer?

No comments: