Thursday, September 8, 2011

Attitude and Belief in Yourself

So I've been thinking a lot about attitude, and I just heard Lenny Kravitz sing, "You've got to believe in yourself." Admit it you're now singing along with me to this song.

I've been working on eating better and exercising, and this process is making my attitude take a nose dive. It's not that I haven't seen any results, but the main result that I am seeking, which is weight loss, is so elusive. My clothes fit better, I've toned up, and I'm stronger. Despite these successes my attitude to keep it up is wavering.

I have hypothyroidism, and boy it's a valid issue, but even so I can't use that as an excuse to give up. My friend told me yesterday that I looked great. I admit my jeans now fit so much better, which feels good.

So I'm trying a new app recommended by my cousin it's called MyFitness Pal. It's great to track your food and physical activity. Having this information is an eye-opener. I've also started a lunchtime boot camp class on Tuesdays with a friend. And I may sign up for another one, too on Thursdays. I need to move from working out three to four times a week to working out four to six times a week.

So I am going to seek more support going forward. I'm back to feeling better again, and I'm accepting the fact that I may have to work even harder than others. My attitude has to be that this is about my health and my life. Plus, I want to be in good shape before ski season so I can really rip it down the mountain. Let's not talk about snow, yet, though.

I guess it's like Lenny says, "You've got to believe in yourself." That's why I'm finally taking care of myself...it's not about the end, but the journey. And please remind me of this when I'm working out with my personal trainer tonight. I might need some encouragement.

1 comment:

Doodle Momma said...

Good for you! I use myfitnesspal and it is very helpful. I also purchased a fitbit and I love it. You might check it out. I find it motivating to know my step count and calories burned.
My mantra this week has been "if you always do what you always did you always get what you already got." Which to me meant if I am going to get past this #@&@*% plateau than I am going to have to step it up. I have pushed my limit everyday this week and sort of amazed myself. Nothing like a good old challenge to remind yourself that you really can do anything.