Monday, July 7, 2008

Back on track

Gotta love a holiday weekend that is arranged around barbecues and fireworks. Last week sort of got me off track from writing in my blog each day, but this week I'm back on track. My home computer is having some issues, so I'm not using it as much. And well not using a computer on the weekend (until I have a new one) is a definite nice break.

So since my meltdown on Tuesday things are looking up. I've lost some more weight, and I wore a shirt that just wasn't fitting before, so I'm starting to see some results. I would love it if it would happen overnight, however, I'm coming to terms with the fact that it just won't.

I'm also working on becoming more accepting of my body. That whole mind/body connection is really important. Thanks for reminding me of that Becky. Also, my roommate Cheryl and I were watching, "What Not to Wear," please nominate me to be on it! And I completely identified with the person getting made over, as it is really difficult to accept yourself and recognize that no one's perfect, and stop the comparisions to others. It's difficult in this 'thin is in' society. What I'm striving for is better health and more acceptance, which is difficult if you've got a skewed body image.

So catching up on the all the days is too hard. So long story short. Food is pretty good. No alcohol for 16 days. And more workouts at the beginning of the week versus the weekends. I'll work on that stat in the coming weekend. Summer is just busy, and it's been really hot. I know, excuses.

Sunday:
Food: Good choices, balanced
Workout: No
No alcohol, and I went to a bbq
Creativity: Cleaned more to make room for creative projects. Sounds crazy, but sometimes we a clear space to get creative, though I did write in my journal this weekend, and I did some reading.

No comments: