Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in habit

So my entry today is going to be short and sweet, but I'm trying to get back to an entry per day during the week until I buy a new laptop. Yes, my work laptop is being diagnosed, but I think I've decided to get a new personal one. My other personal one is so so slow.

I'm borrowing my roommate Cheryl's, and new one's are super fast, and well they rock. It's an investment in my writing and probably one of my more wise decisions. I'm over older computer systems that just don't work as well or nearly as quickly.

The new computer is sort of a metaphor for change. I believe in most instances that change is good. It makes you look at things in a new light, and it gives you that energizing boost that sometimes is just what you need. I'm just discovering the truth of how difficult it is to change your long ingrained habits.

The interesting part is that I've always thrived on change in my life whether it's a new job, a new adventure, travel, or a new place to live. It's just that behavior change is different as it doesn't have the pizazz of moving to New York City or even the mountains of Colorado. I guess I need to look at it more like the changes that I've chosen to make for my own happiness and well-being. Then maybe they will stick! What about you? How have you embraced change in your life or your lifestyle? Any tips for the rest of us?

Have a wonderful day! Thursday I will be relaxing at a place that my friend Sondra doesn't want me to mention, but hint: it's in Santa Cruz, CA. I know you can infer where I might be going.

Stats:
Bootcamp and walking for a total of 1 hr, 20 minutes
Food: Good until dinner (too many chips and salsa) No margarita, but the fast is almost over!
Finances: Out to dinner, but brought lunch, okay
Creativity: Sparked by attending the Philadelphia Philharmonic at the Ford amplitheater, great music and conversation afterward

No comments: