Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday Hot Summer Nights

So tonight I'm going to the free concert in Vail at the Ford Ampitheater. The band sounds good, and I haven't made one this year. I normally go to yoga on Tuesdays, but instead I'm going to workout over lunch instead (this is a new one). I'm trying to make it a priority to work out at least 30 minutes per day. Some days I get in a lot more, which is just a great bonus. But on those days when I've got fun activities after work if I can at least get 30 minutes logged then I feel like a success.

What really matters is whether you are taking care of yourself, which often goes when you need it the most. Recently, I read in an article in the NYT that people with depression often get type II diabetes because when you're down you stop taking care of yourself. It just reminds me that everything is connected holisitically. Our body and mind are a system together.

Well now I'm off to the concert to have some fun this week is a bit stressful, and I don't want to stress anymore about work. Have a great one!

Quick update:
No alcohol
1 and 15 minute hike (walk/jog)
Food: Good.
Creativity: C'mon it was a Monday. Not a whole lot!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I have to agree about the mind/body thing. I've been using every spare moment to pack and organize, including "spare" moments actually stolen from sleep and exercise times. My body is paying the price, not to mention my poor mind. But, maybe this is just what happens when you move?
Still I think I ought to be able to carve out 30 minutes for a walk?
Maybe tomorrow.
Glad you are doing well! I'm enjoying reading your updates.