Monday, October 27, 2008

Get out of the country

So next time to design the best life, I'm getting out of the country sooner during a presidential election year. Every year the advertisements get worse. The phone calls are now on my cell phone. After having only a cell phone for the past five years it has finally caught up.

I can vote by mail, and then head out of dodge. That's the plan. So I'm heading to Australia two weeks from Wednesday. Yeah! Can you believe it? I'm really looking forward to disconnecting from my day-to-day existence to experience a new place. To get some time to reflect and to enjoy the sunshine. (It's the beginning of summer there). So I'll head there before winter officially starts in the mountains.

It is slowing down my changing of the guard of my closet. But this week I will do so--leaving out the summer stuff for the trip and packing up the rest of it. It is sort of like getting new stuff, because you sort of forget what you put away. I think I got rid of quite a few clothes, so it might be time to do some fall/winter shopping for a few essential items.

I've realized that we can get caught up in the negativity of our world (political ads, the economic situation). I guess we have to remember to laugh at ourselves and remember this too shall pass. Thanks, Mary Beth.

How's your election fatigue?

No comments: