Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ensuring successes

This week started out with a bang. I've already got one comment on my overloaded calendar. I knew that January was going to be a busy month at work, however, despite the crazy month I met with my mentor and revamped my Life Plan for 2009.

It's a lot of work to make a plan, but it's worth the effort. When you set a goal it's just that much easier to meet. I still need to take my plan down a notch, so that I can have small successes that will lead to even bigger ones, per my mentor's suggestion.

I'm trying to make small changes that will lead to results. For example, I'm working on only going out two nights per week, which saves me money, gives me more personal time, as well as makes me really prioritize my time.

In December, during the height of holidays I spent a lot on eating out and enjoying holiday cheer. Now I'm thinking about any purchase that isn't a necessity. This month I'm really cutting back on spending (no clothes-retail); eating out for lunch/dinner (1 time each per week).

I am spending money on items that are part of my plan, such as yoga. As the calendar flips, you can take another look at your decisions and choices. Taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

mommy said...

good luck, cristina! i hardly eat out nowadays, and it's something i miss a lot, but it does save money. i take the girls out for lunch once a month, which makes that outing super special.