Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Writing is fun when it's not a grant

I am a writer. I feel most alive and energized when I am writing and creating. Right now I need to work on a grant and instead I'm getting a post ready for tomorrow. Because writing isn't as much fun when it's a grant. Want to know why?

The top five reasons that writing a grant isn't fun.

Reason 5: You have to write to meet a omnious deadline...which looms and looms.

Reason 4: You can't have a lot of fun and you have to answer the prescribed questions.

Reason 3: If you don't do it well, you get nothing, that's right zero...

Reason 2: You have to use techno-speak and be in the "know".

The No. 1 reason that grant writing isn't fun: You often have to create a logic model. Truly it is as annoying as it sounds. Trust me.

The other funny thing about writing is that suddenly I feel an urge to clean, again this is not really who I am. Anyway, I better sign off and get to work on writing that grant.

No comments: