Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Serendipity

So one of my guilty pleasures is reading my horoscope. When it's good I embrace it when it isn't as good I ignore it. Sometimes it's completely off-base, and once in awhile it is as if someone is reading my mind and feeding back what I want to hear.

For example, two of my horoscopes in January have said that I need to travel the world and embrace adventures in my path. This was my horoscope today:

Don't just talk about grand trips around the world; start planning them, Cristina. If you don't start saving your resources and reserving blocks of time for your dreams, they may never come to fruition. Today is a terrific time to get these things in motion. Your attitude is likely to be much more flexible in general, and you will find that this way of thinking will bring you directly to the people and places that will help you the most.

Then in a serendiptious moment tonight I was watching TV with my housemate Cheryl, doing some work on the laptop, and reading. As always multitasking. Anyway, Cheryl said do you want to go back to Australia with Rotary? That got my interest. It turns out the Rotary offers a Study Exchange Program for young professionals. I already sent an email, and now I'm going to call the contact tomorrow to get the application. What an opportunity. So sometimes horoscopes rock! I'll keep you posted on this amazing development. 2009 is shaping up!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Are you serious? Was that really your horoscope? Crazy--I love it!

Cristina said...

It was my horoscope. I know! Crazy!