Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Should I or shouldn't I?

The question is whether it's too early to feature my blog on facebook. I think I'm committed to regular updates, but as you can tell last year that wasn't really the case.

This year is different. Yesterday for lunch Carrie and I went skiing. It was a bluebird day. Check out this photo.

What a beautiful day. And getting outside was such a great way to be reminded of why I live here in a place where gas is outrageously expensive.

Last night I went to Bikram's Yoga. It was HOT. It is only my second time back at Hot Yoga, and I'm still getting adjusted to it again. The mantra, "drink lots of water", certainly applies.

What I'm finally realizing and embracing is that making changes in your life takes time, dedication, and it has be a constant endeavor. When you backslide and make choices that aren't in line with what you're trying to accomplish--you can't give up. Instead you have to dust yourself off and acknowledge what happened and do better next time. For me the all or nothing tack just doesn't work in the longterm.

Happy spring, to a time of renewal and growth.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

So true. I try and fail at the same things repeatedly but then one day I realize I'm finally making progress. And that leads to more success because I realize, hey if I could do A even though it was hard and took forever, then maybe I could do B also even though it is hard and is taking forever.

Cristina said...

If it was easier we wouldn't have anything to complain about.