Friday, July 1, 2011

Any book lovers out there?

Well one thing I've found out is that moving is difficult and blogging seems to fall by the wayside. Well now that I'm somewhat moved in...I still have some boxes to sort through so I'm back to writing in my blog.


Speaking of which I've got too many books. Yes, I have a book problem. I put my myself on a book diet so that I only buy one book at a time, which helps. And now I am downloading books on my Kindle, which doesn't take up space. My mom and I trade Kindle's so at least I can share a book as well.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't read. Quite to the contrary. It's just that when you move heavy books around you realize that maybe it isn't the best idea to keep buying so many. If I would have ended up in a small apartment like the many that I saw, I would definitely be in trouble.

And keep in mind I trade my books in for other books so I'm definitely conscious of making sure my books are read more than once. I'm a believer in books making the rounds. I also pass books on to friends, and I even send book lists of great reads to others. I may have to start trading my books in for cash at least until I can get through the stacks of books that I already own. I need to read through my library before getting more.

I keep my favorites, and I have collections such as a collection of books on writing. I also have books signed by authors such as Frank McCourt, Madelaine Albright, Yogi Berra, and more.

Obviously, I enjoy books. Recently, I joined a book club. It had been awhile since I had been in one, and it gives you a chance to discuss a book with others and enjoy some good company.

Right now I'm reading, "Unbroken," which is a creative nonfiction account of an extraordinary man's life. I highly recommend it. (And I borrowed the book so it goes back to the original owner). Want to borrow a book? It's yours for the asking!

No comments: