Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Eve Eve

Have you taken the time to notice the beauty around you this year? I was coming home from a festive 'bad sweater party', and as I turned into my driveway I saw a snow bunny hopping away. If you've never seen a snow bunny, they are pure white to blend in with the snow. Lately, our snow bunny has taken to perching on our covered front porch to check out what's happening and get a 'lay of the land' view.

Last week my elk neighbors showed up in a herd of approximately 40 to rest their laurels on the golf course. I imagine most golf courses aren't much use in the winter. Well the one across from me is a snowshoe and cross-country skiing track and a haven for elk. I would say that this particular golf course has a multitude of uses.

Embrace what you have...so I still wish I was on a beach. However, taking a snow shoe walk and seeing the sunlight glitter on the snow reminds me that life is good.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Snowshoeing, that sounds fun. How do you like it?