Monday, June 23, 2008

Getting to Austraila Week One

My friend Ruth started a blog to stop and cut back on buying lattes. Does that mean she never gets one? No, but now she doesn't buy as many, with the realization that you can pay $1 to $2 versus $4 to $5. As for me coffee remains a staple, but now I sometimes make it instead of buying it. Ruth's experiment worked for her, and it left me inspired to make change happen.

I'm starting this blog to see how I do with making health a priority, spending less and saving money for my trip, and taking the time to be more creative. So this is the week, the week where I am going to officially put into practice all of those good habits. Keep in mind that many are already started. I've been exercising around four times a week. I've started some simple tracking of my finances, and I've started blogging and writing in my journal.

Using the inspiration of the book 'Writing off the weight', I'm adding this blog as my accountability piece. Yesterday I was one of four hosts of a bridal shower with mimosas. I didn't have a mimosa, though being at the shower reminded me that I'm definitely single, which could have thrown me over the edge, if I didn't love the bride so much. One of my first goals is to not drink alcohol for a month, since I'm not seeing the weight loss that I want to, which is going to be a tough one, especially since it is the summertime. So far so good.

I got up this Monday morning for bootcamp. I didn't want to get to up, but it wasn't an option. Bootcamp required running, pushups, abs, arms, you name it. Since I was 20 minutes late to class I added 25 minutes on the elliptical trainer after the initial workout was over. Working out on Monday morning does leave you feeling more energized!

Sunday Stats:
No workout.
No alcohol.
Food choices: okay, but not great.
Expenses: Gas ($65 ouch!) Last minute food for the party ($34 ($20 cash) $15 stop to pick up food for my roommate
Creativity: Zero--too tired.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Resisting a mimosa is an accomplishment in itself.
Hey, I'm going to be checking in on you so you better keep giving me something to read!

Unknown said...

Nice work, Christina! I just read your latest, Facebook-promoted post, and then skipped to you very first to see where your blogging inspiration came from.

Looks good! Keep up the good work!

Ryan