Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One day at a time

'One day at a time' how true is that statement! I have to keep reminding myself of that fact. I went to dinner with some friends last night. It was awesome as usual--great food and conversation. I am blessed with wonderful friends in my life who share their stories and make the time to catch up on what everyone's doing. My favorite though is to talk about life and the richness of it. Remembering that wealth doesn't always involve money, but is about connection to others. We talked about love versus fear, and how you ultimately have those two options to chose from in your life. I want to lead with love, but I have to remind myself of that fact each day, hour, and minute. We also talked about creating the life you want, and how that encompasses the major areas of your life.

I recently did an exercise called The Circle of Life. And I discovered that some areas are really moving, and others need a definite jumpstart. Create your own by drawing a circle on a piece of paper, and then split the circle into pies/categories such as relationships, family, career, health, fitness, spirituality, friendships, finances. Then take the time to think about each category and really determine those that are working (label them with a positive sign) and those that aren't (label them with a negative sign). Once you do that you should reflect on some action steps that you can take to move the negative categories to positive. Then you should take the steps you've outlined. This blog is one result of completing the exercise for me!

Thought to ponder for the day:
Self mastery is the ability to make the most out of your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
In other words to be the best you can be.

Monday stats:
Workout: 45 minutes boot camp (I was late), 25 eliptical, 15 minute walk at work
No alcohol, mango iced tea at dinner
Food choices: pretty good (3 meals)
Expenses: Great. Thank you to a friend for dinner! $15 at grocery store
Creativity: Blog, reflection time...slowly but surely

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think you will be amazed if you write in your blog every day...all of a sudden, you are writing every day! Isn't that the hardest part? Just sitting down and starting. Now it's become habit for me.