Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finding time to relax

I have sort of been like a pinball lately zapping from one thing to another. For example, this week started out with a busy Monday, yesterday I had an early meeting, and I drove to Denver for an eye doctor appointment. Then I drove back, and I went to my part-time job and hung out with 12 kids. It actually was fun!

Today I barely had time to breathe. (Jason from across the hall sort of accused me of talking to myself.) I was part of the full-office cleanup crew in the morning. Next I had a two-hour meeting. I got back to the office and prepared for youth leaders interviews (along with various other tasks). Then I interviewed some awesome youth leaders who are really going to be great, finishing work about 8:15 p.m. Whew! Tomorrow will hold more of the same, however, I'm out by 3:30 (at latest ). I am heading out to relax in private hot springs and stay in a cabin.

Then Friday I am headed to a spa retreat in northern New Mexico for my friend Mary Anne's bachelorette party. I'm not sure that this retreat can get here quick enough. Right now I'm writing in my blog instead of packing, but everyone knows that packing last minute is just the way it works. The truth is that I've had massages, done yoga, and hiked, but never as one full weekend. I think I'll love the combo.

I just talked to my friend Amy, and I told her my cell phone is going be turned off. No work calls, well actually no calls for me. Remember the good ole days when we didn't have cell phones? Wouldn't kids be amazed to know that we did survive without them, happily. (Okay, I admit I do love my cell phone, but taking a time out is also wonderful).

The only other question I'm asking myself is that if you have to pack up your relaxation into three days to make it work, does that still mean you aren't getting it? That you're not running your life, but it's running you? Whatever, I'll take the three days, and maybe this stretch of bliss will inspire me to build in more daily time for me. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

How are you living your best life?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I can't wait to hear about it.
Also, I am insanely jealous.

Ruth said...

Ok, it's been a week, time for another blog entry! : )
(If you don't have much time just make it a super short one.)