Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting there

There really isn't anything like a spa retreat weekend. Last Sunday I was so relaxed I truly didn't know what to do with myself. Even the drive to Colorado Springs for a prevention summit didn't faze me. Then I spent three full days at a conference, which brought me back to reality. Then one day in the office. Why bother? Then Friday it was off to the Youth Leaders Council's hut retreat at Francie's Cabin in Breckenridge.

The hike and the opportunity to become a team with the adult leaders and the young adult leaders was awesome. And it is in such a beautiful setting over 11,000 feet. You definitely feel like you're on the top of the world. The moments that you remember, being hailed on and trying to catch it in your hands. Wow!

So Sunday I did have a mini-breakdown, but after recovering it prompted me to get moving. So I finally decided to go ahead and purchase my ticket to Australia. I was thinking of not going, however, I decided to go realizing that I won't see all of it, and I can return. Providence must have been smiling on me as the tickets were a bit cheaper then before, and everything fell into place. So now I'm officially heading to my fourth continent in November. Yeah!

What a difference a spa retreat and a day makes.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hey! How awesome that you are going! It will be awesome.
November is coming up quick! What else do you have to do to get ready?