Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One day at a time

So today I'm concentrating on one day at a time. I really want changes to happen quickly, but let's be honest it's about what you commit to today that matters. This morning I went to Pilates. I'm glad that I've already got in an hour of strength, stretching and movement.

I am also going to work on my schedule, and I'm trying to be more realistic about what I can accomplish in a week. Instead of overbooking myself so completely, I am planning my schedule with a more holistic view in mind. For example, work is just one section. I'm also planning in taking care of myself with exercise and with other activities that I enjoy. It seems simple, but often gets out of balance.

The other thing I'm putting in place is that I want what I do to reflect my priorities, which hasn't always been the case. This requires again a daily commitment, and it also requires me to say no. Saying no hasn't always been my forte. So I am practicing, and even when I want to automatically say yes, instead I stop and say that I need to think about it before making the commitment.

How do you keep your life in balance? Or is it possible? I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: