Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Music of Our Lives


I don't know about you, but my life has a soundtrack. It's often changing, but we all have those favorite songs, those songs that bring us back to a moment in time, and those songs that define an era in our lives.

Music brings people together. I love it when I see someone jamming along to a song in their car. (Probably, because that's usually me). I also love it when you're at a concert, and you can feel the energy in the room as you listen to someone playing live. I will never forget being in Central Park hearing Billy Joel sing, "New York State of Mind," not long after 9/11.

Tonight I'm going to start to take guitar lessons again. I've taken them before. I took them in New York right after I bought my first guitar. My friend Amy and I visited a lot of music stores to find our guitars. It was a quest.

Then I took lessons in Glenwood for awhile. Now I'm starting up again so I can learn to play more. I think my nephews inspired me to get back at it when we were making up songs on the spot. Talent runs in the family.

Tell me your music stories. I'm listening.

No comments: