Monday, April 4, 2011

Women's Art History Show, Opening Reception Friday, April 8, 5 to 7pm

Kathy Stover's Art Piece (I'll feature mine later. I need to download the photo.

Yesterday Carrie, Bill, and I put up the Women's History Art Show at Basalt Library. The show looks great, and it offers a lot of diversity from 12 local artists. Even with the variety of pieces somehow it fits together. It is really satisfying now that the show is up and on display. Creating art for the show was great, but so is the curating, as you feel like you're helping to promote art in your community.

An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.
--George Santayana

And now since taking on this art show it seems like I'm noticing art more. For example, I went to lunch, and the art on the walls was jumping out at me. So now I'm taking a moment to read about the artist. Have you seen any good art lately?

A great opportunity is this Friday, April 8th, from 5 to 7pm at the Basalt Library. Come enjoy appetizers, wine, and art. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wish I could be there for the opening, I can't wait to see the show.