Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring fever

Spring fever. I got a definite case of it. The warm weather is making me so happy. Right now I'm reading a book called, "The Emotional Calendar" by Dr. John Sharp. It seems that seasons, emotional highspots and lowspots on your own personal calendar, as well as seasons such as sports, TV series, school year starting and ending, and holidays, can all affect your mood. It's really about being aware of your own reactions and figuring out how to deal with them.
For some it isn't that simple, but it does bring to mind the mood that certain seasons bring. I truly love all four seasons, but I admit living in the Rockies I think winter is too long. I'm here for the summers. The spring and summer and the resulting sunshine really make me feel good. It just lightens my mood, and I can look forward to the lazy days of summer. And this year I will take even better advantage of summer. (I say that every year).

The spring also inspires me to do more. For example, even though I've had the card of a personal trainer who was recommended to me for awhile I hadn't called. This week I did, and I have a session scheduled on Thursday. I can finally move forward with the next phase of my path to better health. I just needed the spring to remind me of the impending swimsuit season.

And I scheduled my first guitar lesson for next week. I am finally going to start playing again. It's another spring thing, because it helps with readiness. When it's dark when you get home and when you leave it is more difficult to get motivated.

I've already started going to Hot Yoga, again, too. So though it's not just spring it seems that I'm embracing some new beginnings. Happy spring to you!

No comments: