Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The neighborhood is waking up

Last night I went for a walk in the neighborhood. Sometimes it seems like I don't have any neighbors, during the winter everyone goes directly in the garage, and they're in for the night.

I have to admit in the winter once I get home I'm usually home. On nice days I might venture out for a walk, but it's much less often. Instead the treadmill seems like a better choice.


In the spring and summer, walking is a social activity. People are outside walking, riding their bikes or skateboards, and there are kids playing baseball and soccer.

I don't know about you but the sound of a bat hitting a ball is really comforting. It is a signal that you've made it through the long winter, and it means barbeques, time spent on the deck, and lots of smiles. That's the difference everyone seems to be smiling.

What are you smiling about?

No comments: